Saturday, April 18, 2009

A personal best

So, part of my year of living large has been to actually exercise...reguarly...strenously...and become a good steward of my body.

I set up a home gym upstairs...a treadmill, a yoga ball and my Fluidity bar. I started with a simple program. I would walk on the treadmill for one mile every-other day. In January, it took me nearly 20 minutes to walk a mile.

Then, I started pushing myself. I would jog on the treadmill for 30 seconds and walk for 2 minutes and so on.

Fast-forward to yesterday. Yesterday I was able to do 2 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill by walking 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and then jogging for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. So, I decided that I would try the Reed High track.

To my surprise, I did 2 miles in 25 minutes...and it felt wonderful!

YAY for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment